Saturday, August 24, 2013

I Am

"I am a beautiful African Woman and very comfortable in my thick skin." Neo
Well a few years ago i could not say this boldly because i wasn't comfortable in who I am.
There comes a point in life where by you don't wish to be anyone but yourself.
When you turn on the Television the women you see in there are a total opposite of you, they are light skin, skinny, tall, long hair.
The ladies in the magazines to have the same description as above!
You start doubting you beauty, why because what is praised as beauty is the opposite of you.
It has been a journey of finding self , discovering and creating self.
Finally i have come to know that we are all beautiful in our own way. The capitalist system will not tell you that because they won't suck DOLLARS out of you if you are awake to the truth.
The bible talks about knowing the truth and the truth will make you free.
Knowing this truth about me I became free. Free to be me. I started realizing that i am the most beautiful woman in my own way.
I am beautiful!
I am confident!
I am love!
I am devine energy!
I am me!


No comments: